#DMUlocal is dedicated to improving health and raising awareness in hard-to-reach communities.
With so many people suffering from chronic and even life-threatening illnesses, there is a vital need for more information that helps people manage and prevent disease to be made available.
This is where #DMUlocal comes in.
As a result of #DMUlocal projects, community members have benefited from:
- Increased awareness about conditions such as diabetes and blood cancer
- Training to better deal with conditions such as dementia
- Information on preventative measures that can be used to reduce the risk of developing many illnesses
- Greater discussion of diseases such as cancer in isolated communities where it has become a taboo subject
- Schoolchildren learning first aid and what to do in an emergency
These projects have had a transformative effect on everyone involved and have not only raised awareness, but also helped to save lives.