#DMUlocal utilises the commitment, expertise and enthusiasm of De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) staff and students who are dedicated to fulfilling the university’s commitment to benefit the public good.
Launched in November 2015, #DMUlocal continues the hard work of the multi-award-winning DMU Square Mile initiative, which provides vital services to 8,000 residents in one of the city’s most deprived areas.
Now there is a network of projects, events and student opportunities stretching across Leicester, impacting upon thousands of lives and engaging with hard-to-reach groups.
The impact of #DMUlocal is truly global and still growing, thanks to the support of our partners, DMU academics, students and the community.
DMU Square Mile awards
- 2014: Winner, Guardian University Award for Contribution to the Community
- 2013: Highly Commended, Times Higher Education Awards
- 2013: Runner-up, Guardian University Award for Contribution to the Community
- 2012: Green Gown International Award for Social Responsibility
- 2012: Green Gown Award for Social Responsibility
- 2012: Leicestershire Diamond Jubilee Award for Contribution to the Community